Saturday, April 11, 2009

Knitters....

It never ceases to amaze me how cool knitters are. I was getting my nails done at my local manicurie at the end of a horrible day at work. A conversation begins with another woman sitting in the adjacent chair and somehow she mentions the "k" word. My ears perk up! She is new to the area (about three years) and is a knitter- does a lot of knitting on commuter flights! We simultaneously gush about Sebastopol's LYS "Balls and Skeins". All of a sudden, I begin to feel better. I mean, I felt like shit when I rolled in for my pre-Easter manicure and all of a sudden, I am feeling much better. We are both on fire for knitting. Had a wonderful chat about sock knitting. Showed off my latest WIP and my nifty Namaste bag. You have got to love it!

No comments:

On the needles

  • Central Park Hoodie
  • Fingerless Mitts
  • Toe-up Peppermint Stripe Socks
  • Chihuahua sweater

Books on the shelf

  • Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen
  • Stephanie Peearl-McPhee Casts Off- The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Kniting
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  • Hypocrite In A pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gillman

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word
You go, Mom!