Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Central Park Hoodie 4 me

I decided against using this yarn for the Must Have Cardigan. I have 2000 yards and was not sure if I would have enough to make the MHC with all of it's cable work, which uses a lot of extra yarn, so I am doing a less complicated design with less cable work. I cannot get more of this great imported stuff in the same dye lot, so I need to make sure that I have enough to complete a project. It would be a huge bummer to be "just shy" of having enough. I hope to knit the MHC in Malabrigo worsted which is readily available and is my most-favorite yarn ever. In the meantime, I will enjoy making this cardigan. I may end up ditching the hood and putting a big, fat ribbed collar on it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

On the needles

  • Central Park Hoodie
  • Fingerless Mitts
  • Toe-up Peppermint Stripe Socks
  • Chihuahua sweater

Books on the shelf

  • Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen
  • Stephanie Peearl-McPhee Casts Off- The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Kniting
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  • Hypocrite In A pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gillman

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word
You go, Mom!