Saturday, June 18, 2011

fin

















As I was finishing this baby cardigan today on my lunch break, the mother of the intended was packing for the hospital and loading the baby seat into the car. I made this entirely out of yarn left over from another project. Grandma is a co-worker of mine and this is for her first grandbaby. Took me less than a week of lunch breaks and evening to make. My only gripe is that I do not like the bulky appearance of set-in sleeves. I prefer a raglan sleeve that is knit in one piece from the top down like the Tulips Cardigan (see earlier post). Think I will incorporate both patterns next time I do this and will be happier with the end result.

No comments:

On the needles

  • Central Park Hoodie
  • Fingerless Mitts
  • Toe-up Peppermint Stripe Socks
  • Chihuahua sweater

Books on the shelf

  • Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen
  • Stephanie Peearl-McPhee Casts Off- The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Kniting
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  • Hypocrite In A pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gillman

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word
You go, Mom!