Tuesday, April 6, 2010

but is was tooo-oooo laaaaaaate!

I was about 90% finished with my Ariann cardigan, tried it on and hated everything about it. First of all, this is not my color. My sister can wear this drabby green, a color that I love, say for furniture, but makes me look sickly. Secondly, the fit was not good. I looked, like, oh my God- totally tubular. Lastly, I am not a fan of Plymouth Gallway Yarn. For a good, plain wool, I should have went with Cascade 220, my reliable, nicely priced basic, go-to yarn. I was not happy with the stitch definition. There was a lot of openwork lace on this bad gal, and I should have stopped sooner. I really should have finished it and gave it to my sister, but I did not have it in me. I unraveled the whole thing and am going to donate the yarn to The Legacy. I want it to go away. The Legacy is located in Sebastopol and is operated by volunteers. They accept yarn, fabric, patterns, buttons, etc and the proceeds go to hospice. I love the concept of The Legacy, but do not like going in there. Aside from being kinda disorganized, the place smells like stale cigartettes and moth balls. They do good work, bless their hearts and this yarn along with some other leftovers is going bye-bye and to a good cause.

1 comment:

Nina... said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds as though you did everything you could until the very end. It's good that you let it go...in time you will heal and move on. Love ya!!!

On the needles

  • Central Park Hoodie
  • Fingerless Mitts
  • Toe-up Peppermint Stripe Socks
  • Chihuahua sweater

Books on the shelf

  • Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen
  • Stephanie Peearl-McPhee Casts Off- The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Kniting
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  • Hypocrite In A pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gillman

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word
You go, Mom!