Tuesday, April 6, 2010

when only the finest will do....


Hello beautiful cashmere scarf in the making! You have got to love "trade". I taught a knitting class, made about $140 and turned around and spent $180 on Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere yarn. I picked up four skeins @150 yards each. I think that I will only use three of the four, so I may have some left over to make some fingerless gloves for me. The recipient of this scarf will be my wonderful, adorable, generous friend. It will look great against his gray hair. My goal is to have it finished by June 15th, which is the next SF Opera date to see Puccini's The Girl of the Golden West.

No comments:

On the needles

  • Central Park Hoodie
  • Fingerless Mitts
  • Toe-up Peppermint Stripe Socks
  • Chihuahua sweater

Books on the shelf

  • Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen
  • Stephanie Peearl-McPhee Casts Off- The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Kniting
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  • Hypocrite In A pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gillman

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word
You go, Mom!