Tuesday, May 11, 2010

more niftiness....


NIFTY TRICK!









For every repeat on this pattern I place a marker. If the phone ring...I don't loose my place, no matter what.








































While I am working on this project, I will show you how nifty and important the use of markers can be. I have many tools that I use when I knit to help me keep track of exactly where I am in a pattern and inexpensive little plastic rings are just the ticket. Above is an example of where I am increasing stitches to create a raglan style shoulder and sleeve. I know to increase two stitches before and two after each marker. This little baby cardigan (which I hope to enter in the Sonoma County Fair!) has a lace skirt. I will demonstrate when I get to that point on how I use LOTS of markers when doing lace work.

No comments:

On the needles

  • Central Park Hoodie
  • Fingerless Mitts
  • Toe-up Peppermint Stripe Socks
  • Chihuahua sweater

Books on the shelf

  • Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen
  • Stephanie Peearl-McPhee Casts Off- The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Kniting
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  • Hypocrite In A pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gillman

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word
You go, Mom!