Thursday, June 10, 2010

Alchemy Sock....deconsructed



knit from 100% superfine Merino wool from Alchemy Yarns- a superior merino wool yarn from my hometown Sebastopol, CA. one sock down, one to go. Alchemy is one of my favorites ...the stuff costs a small fortune, so I reserve it for small projects. Each skein of the sock yarn is $16 and it takes almost two skeins to make a pair of socks. I like supporting a local business, but wonder how long they will survive selling grossly overpriced yarn. Oh well....this sock looks and feels amazing. I need to finish #2 and will add it to my "Christmas Gift" stash. I already know who my worthy recipient is!

No comments:

On the needles

  • Central Park Hoodie
  • Fingerless Mitts
  • Toe-up Peppermint Stripe Socks
  • Chihuahua sweater

Books on the shelf

  • Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen
  • Stephanie Peearl-McPhee Casts Off- The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Kniting
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  • Hypocrite In A pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gillman

Blog Archive


Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word

Learn all that you can about IBC and spread the word
You go, Mom!